The 2nd International Workshop on Technology for Precision Agriculture and Crops
(Co-located to the 5rd EAI International Conference on Industrial IoT Technologies and Applications)
Precision agriculture is becoming as one of the most important tool to satisfy the ever-increasing worldwide demand for food products of good quality. Agriculture needs to be enhanced by new technologies in order to make it sustainable in a smart way. In the last few years, several Internet of Things (IoT)-based products dedicated to farming have appeared, but there are still some remaining issues, ranging from data acquisition, interpretation, and reliable collection in some potentially harsh radio environments. The last few decades have witnessed the advancement of the IoT and multiple wireless sensor networks (WSNs), in both the academic and industrial worlds.
The use of IoT platform and Remote Sensing Data (RSD) to schedule irrigation and fertilization and predict yield may contribute to a more sustainable agriculture in regions of the Mediterranean where irrigation and fertilization are not optimized in terms of timing and quantity. IoT platforms allow a network of devices to communicate, gather data and process information collaboratively in the service of individuals or processes. Technologies can help farmers to practice a more sustainable agriculture, minimizing risks of losing the harvest by providing the resources (water irrigation and fertilizer) needed to secure yield and at the adequate periods. In addition, prediction of grain yield via RSD has additional applications. Remote Sensing Data may help to yield forecasts before harvest and therefore to predict farmers income. Furthermore, the use of software programs is indispensable for the interpretation of the data derived from the Remote Sensing Technologies and then to make decisions of applications in crop fields.
In this workshop, researchers are encouraged to submit papers focused on on high quality, up-to-date innovative original current advances in solutions and research for smart and sustainable agriculture, ranging from IoT, WSN, efficient sensing, cloud/edge computing, smart actuators, etc.
This conference edition once again targets to gather researchers from academia and industrial sectors to present analytical research, simulations, practical results, position papers addressing the pros and cons of specific proposals, and advances in precision agriculture. The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, standards, deployments, implementations, running experiments and applications.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal, including, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Sensor network deployment for smart agriculture
- Internet of Things (IoT) for agriculture
- Farm services and oriented applications for agri-food systems
- Cost-effective sensor development for agriculture
- Cloud computing for agriculture
- Smart applications for crops monitoring and management
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for agriculture
- Sensors for positioning, navigation, and obstacle detection
- New Technologies in Field: A Rapid and Usefulness Tool for Accurate Management of Crops
- Remote Sensing Data and Water Irrigation Scheduling
- Remote Sensing Data and Quantification of Crop Production
- Sensors for Measuring Crop Quality
- Remote Sensing Data and Fertilization Planning: Adequate Time and Localisation
- Use of Remote Sensing Technologies for a Rapid Diseases Localisation in Fields
- Use of Remote Sensing Technologies for a Pest Management in Fields
- Remote Sensing Technologies and Plant Breeding (Phenotyping to Water Deficit): Selection of varieties (Tolerant/Susceptible)
- Remote Sensing Data and its Influences in Farmers Decisions
- Software and Programs Used in Processing Remote Sensing Data
- Statistics Tools: Interpretation of Information Derived from Remote Sensing Data for Making Decision
(All deadlines refer to the UTC Time Zone)
Manuscript Submission: April 7, 2019.
Acceptance Notification: May 22, 2019.
Final Manuscript: June 30, 2020.